Friday, October 10, 2014

Quilts ! Quilts! Quilts!!







I thought it would be a great idea to "record" my quilts/quilting somewhere- other than Facebook haha!

These first pictures are what really got me thinking more and more about quilting.  My mom, grandmother and aunts quilted - I remember mom having the ladies over to quilt at the house.  Our living room wasn't very big but it fit the quilt frame and chairs all around.    I won't be hand quilting- either sending to a long armer or doing it myself!

There's even a video of me at around age 4 "quilting" on the quilt.

My mom has passed and I have a couple of her quilts still- the one she gave me for my wedding and another- they are my most treasured possessions!!  I will be honest- I didn't understand this until after she was gone - boooo!!! At least I have them!!!

I fell in love with the Tim holtz fabric line and had to have it!!!! Soooo I  made a few bags and then a small quilt (given to my BFF Cindy). And that is where it all began!!!


(Completed in 2013)









I don't have a picture of the completed quilt - oops!!!



 Thanks for looking!!

No comments: